Hey guys, so the HSWC has pretty much officially begun! So I figured I'd make a few notes here, to give everybody the gist of what's going on. Sorry in advance for the long post.
Firstly, I should have sent contact requests to all of you over Skype! If you didn't get one, then that means either Skype is being dumb or I managed to send it to the wrong person somehow, so please check in on those! I'd like to get a team chat together, like I mentioned.
Secondly, at the moment it looks like we are a six-man team. This could be set to change since there is a team-swapping period coming up in a few days, so we could either gain or lose people. Hopefully none of you are planning on switching out, but if you are, just let me know!
And finally, we now have two bonus rounds to play with! This is our first chance to start earning points, and in my experience, bonus rounds can end up being just as important as main rounds. It's also a lot less stressful if you're concerned about the competitive aspect in the main rounds, too! I definitely encourage you all to participate as much as time allows. Here's the basic rundown of how the two bonus rounds work.BONUS ROUND 0
- Basically, you can make banners and graphics for other teams! It's a fun way to interact with other participants and sort of indirectly support any other ships you may have. As soon as we get some stuff made for our team, I'll make a post to start cataloging it. Be sure to thank anybody who makes us stuff!
Anyways, points for this round are capped at 10 fills
. Not that you should stop making things if you have ideas after we hit this, but I think it's a nice goal to shoot for. We have one week to make stuff! BONUS ROUND 1 -
This round functions more like Bonus Rounds tend to. Basically, people make prompts (this time with quotes as the prompt fodder) and then you can go along and fill any prompt you like in any way you see fit.
For this round, we can get points for up to 10 prompts
. This is super easy to reach! Just pick your favorite quote or lyric, add a ship on it, and toss it into the round.
This round also has unlimited points for fills, though they start decreasing in value the more we fill. But that's OK! Fill as much as you like, however you like. We have two weeks for this one!
And just a couple more things to keep in mind for bonus rounds in general:
- Make sure you title your prompts and fills correctly! Our team name is officially Dave<3Jade<3John<3Rose, because we are the unlucky foursome ship with four names to alphabetize.
- You cannot prompt or fill things for Beta OT4, unfortunately.
- You also cannot fill prompts made by teammates, so double-check if you see a prompt you like.
- However we CAN prompt and fill for beta ships in general - so our sub-ships like John<3Rose, Dave<3John, etc. are fair game.
I think that's all! If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask!